Friday, March 13, 2009

A Birthday Present!


So, I see that my last posting was either not too popular or too political to comment on (my intention wasn't to make anyone uncomfortable, i just wanted to share)...that's okay though.


But, if you thought the political stuff was over for me, you were wrong. PLEASE DON'T STOP READING NOW---I PROMISE NOT TO GET ON MY SOAP BOX. I was at work during the Glenn Beck thing (plus we don't have cable). But I heard some excerpts on http://www.youtube.com/ and saw some of the video on http://www.foxnews.com/ and I think everyone should here this.


The main message is that, "If we can change ourselves, then changing the world is the easy part." I hope you will all agree that if we all become better people then our families, our communities and our country become better.



This is NOT a political rant, and it is not a boisterous listing of political failings. Glenn Beck presented 9 Values and 12 Principles that I believe will help us all to make this country a better nation. It is nothing that we haven't heard before from our parents, our church leaders, or our kindergarden teachers. Honesty, Courage, Humility, just to name a few....all good things.



So, if anyone wants to give me a birthday present (Tuesday is the big 2-6...okay it's really not that "big" of a birthday). Please take a few minutes and just here what Glenn has to say. I've posted the video links so you can just click, turn up the volume, and listen.


I think these principles are a great reminder to all of us of who we really do all want to be. The story in the last video link will make you tear up...okay...some of you will tear up...






Glenn has invited everyone to try out these principles for the next 6 months and on September 12th (Saturday) there will be a special show again to see what others around the country are doing.




Sept 12th is signigant because, as Glenn Beck points out, we have all forgotten what it felt like on Sept 12, 2001, the day after the terrorist attacks, when we all became a little more loving, a little more charitable and a little more patriotic...

9 Principles

12 Values, Part 1

12 Values, Part 2

Fox News Video Link - A Great Story!

3 comments:

J Fo said...

Those were great clips. You were right about getting a little teary on the last one. I want to be a 9-12 er, too!

Sheryn's Blog said...

Hi Curtis and Andi. I've been out of town and busy and just now read your blog. I agree, you are right, we all need to do our part and be better if we want a better world.
Aunt Sheryn

Sheryn's Blog said...

I almost forgot, your birthday is the same day and Floyd and my anniversary. March 17th is a great day. Aunt Sheryn