Saturday, January 23, 2010

Adventures in Parenthood


We have (un)officially moved in to the hospital!!! Okay, we are temporary guests like you might find at a ski resort, however here there is no concierge or turn down service--we do however get some room service. I am kidding of course.


Cooper and Kennedy are still working on getting ready to come home and are making some progress. Kennedy is doing the best. She is eating regularly and even passed her car seat test! (That's where she had to sit in her carseat for 1 1/2 hours while they monitored her vitals to ensure she would be able to ride in it safely without any breathing/overheating complications. Her car seat about drowns her, but she did it!)


Cooper on the other hand started taking a regular bottle and attempts to nurse in place of the tube feeding. He just needs to gain some weight now. Both of them are starting to have some very alert moments and it is fun when their eyes are wide open and they are wondering what is going on in this crazy world they came to. The expressions on their faces are so fun to watch.






Here are a few more pictures.



6 comments:

sarahflib said...

I cannot even tell you how much I already love your babies. They're adorable! I love the picture of them together, and I love that Curtis is zonked out in that picture, and I think Andi looks adorable with her little baby. So cute all around. Is it possible that Kennedy will get to go home first, then?

Sheryn's Blog said...

I love all the pictures and updates of the twins. They are so cute. You have some fun times ahead. What a double blessing it is indeed. Hope all of you get to go home soon.
Love Aunt Sheryn

NJ said...

They look like they have tans!!

Crystal said...

They are so stinkin cute! I love the pictures of them together. She is so small too in her car seat! Jake said again yesterday, "So when are we going to see them?" I told him you were still in the hospital. I think he is more anxious than me which is hard to beat!

J Fo said...

So cute. Kennedy looks so tiny in that car seat and the binky is almost as big as her face! What cuties. I hope you get to check out of the "hotel" VERY soon!

Dixie said...

Amazing. Truly. Congrats!