Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Violated!!!


You might be wondering why I am posting a picture of my door with an empty hook. It's really just that I want to share my grief. Here's the story...I went out my front door and as I turned to lock it, I noticed that my wreath was gone! It had been pretty windy during the night so I immediate started searching the premises thinking it could have been blown away. It was nowhere to be found. I really don't want to believe it, but I think someone stole my wreath. I don't understand who would do something like that. My guess is that it wasn't a prank because we had a box full of pumpkins and they hadn't been touched. Some punk kid would have had way too much fun with that. It also wasn't a serious thief. The night before I had started to reorganize our garage so I could fit my car in it and hadn't found a place for Curtis' scooter yet. It was on our porch and also untouched. The wreath was the only thing that was gone. I'm way sad too. It was a bunch of stuff that I got on sale last year and put it together all by myself. Oh well. Maybe the person really needed a wreath.

4 comments:

Megan said...

You're so nice to assume someone needed it more than you! I'm so sorry about your wreath... but the good news is that Roberts has everything 75% off! And if that doesn't make you feel better, I will make you cookies that will!

sarahflib said...

That stinks! It's such a violating feeling to have something stolen like that. I do like the idea of someone really needing a wreath so desperately that they need to steal one. It's not like wreaths have a lot of re-sale value or anything like that . . . I'm also just proud of you for being decorative and having a wreath in the first place.

J Fo said...

What a bummer! It was so cute, too!

AshEnds said...

I think we should all go looking for it. It was very very cute and well done. You deserve to have it back.