Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Joy

I've been really bad at this blog thing. Really, it's not that I don't have time. I only work about 35 hours a week and I have Friday afternoons off. I don't have class or homework or kids or a calling that takes a whole lot of time. I try to be productive with my time, I keep a pretty clean house, I'm even cutting coupons because since I have the time I might as well be saving some money when I go shopping. I guess what that mean is blogging (along with ironing Curtis' shirts) are not a priority for me. Maybe when kids come along, that will change. Here's a sneak peak into our life in December.

We were asked to play "Mary and Joseph" in our ward's Christmas party. It was a little bit silly, but I think we did a good job. Here we are...
Here we are with our ginger bread house. Curtis was proud of his pretzel fence. He says it made it look "rustic." The house is one of those ones out of the box that gives you everything you need. They look real good, but let me tell you they don't taste good. We tried to eat one of the ginger bread men when we got home, it was way yucky. Next year, we might just have to make our own.
Finally, this is our Christmas tree. It makes me a little bit sad, but this was the last year we will be using this tiny thing. We bought a 7 ½ foot tree about a week after Christmas at 75% off. It's still in the box so I really don't know how it's going to look, but I think it will be pretty.




3 comments:

J Fo said...

We have a itty bitty tree like that, too and I love it. I'm not sure when I'll ever get a big tree...someday, maybe when I grow up. ;)

Katie M. said...

Nice- you make a great Mary! And you look so stunning too.. seriously. Love the gingerbread house. I hope you found time to eat it and enjoy the staleness.

Happy New Year dear.

xoxo
katie

Crystal said...

I was wondering what you have been up to. It sounds like you'll have an awesome Christmas tree next year!