Sunday, February 01, 2009

It's the happiest day of my life...

maybe not the happiest, but a very good one. On Friday, I went to pick up this road bike. I finally have a road bike! I've done a few triathlons on my mountain bike and I thought I was just a slow biker. It turns out, having a road bike makes a big difference. I took my new bike down my street and I felt like I was flying--with hardly any effort. I also felt like my hands were going to fall off because it was so cold. I decided that my first real ride would have to wait for a warmer day.
This is a picture of my bike. It was discounted $300 since it was one of the last ones of last year's models! He said it's usually pretty easy to find bikes my size (since I'm extra short). Curtis is still looking for one and since he needs a bigger bike, he might have to go with a 2009 and just pay the extra. I'm excited to go on some good long rides.

7 comments:

sarahflib said...

That's awesome, Andi. You are going to fly during your triathlon next month. And hey, it's nice to know there are advantages of being on the shorter side!

J Fo said...

That bike is ADORABLE! I might take up biking now...do they come in extra tall, and orange?

Florida4x4chick said...

That's awesome. Bikes are fun, i finally got a mountain bike with a trailer for my birthday and the kids love it. Hope all is well in cedar, weather is great here ;) Love ya
nat

Sheryn's Blog said...

Andi, I like your bike. You'll be the coolest looking person in the triathlon. I hope you have lost of fun with it. Aunt Sheryn

Sheryn's Blog said...

Andi, your bike is cute. You'll be the coolest looking person at the triathlon. Hope you guys have a great time. Aunt Sheryn

Crystal said...

Looks like you are going to have some fun times ahead of you this summer. My mom has given us two of her bikes and one looks like an old lady bike but Jake still rides it. We have no more pride.

Kelli Haub said...

So... as much as I make fun of little goobers like you who ride their bikes on the side of the road with their padded bum spandex... it's actually kinda cute (the bike, not the padded spandex).