Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Curtis/ Happy St. Patrick's Day

Wednesday was Curtis' birthday and the following story might have something to do with why we are bad picture posters. Curtis decided that he wanted to go to St. George for his birthday and this is how it went. First off, Curtis pointed out when he came home from work that our babies would be pinched all night because I forgot to dress them in green. Oops, I dropped the ball. Next, we realized that our memory card was full. So we did what we could to keep the kids happy in their car seats for what ended up being 20 minutes while we cleared the card. We were finally on our way. We had a great time at Texas Roadhouse, Curtis got fitted and purchased his first pair of very fancy running shoes while I had the first time experience of changing a daiper and nursing in the car, and finally we went and visited our friend's parents while we were down there. It was on our way home that we realized we didn't take a single picture the whole night. So much for clearing our card. It was still a very fun night.
Doing very normal things like going out to eat is a whole new experience with two babies. We're looking forward to and a little bit nervous for our trip up North to see our families. We love our crazy, unpredictable, as soon as we think we have it firgured out something changes family.

I sure hope Curtis had a good birthday. He works to hard all day long. As soon as he comes home from work he jumps right in and starts cleaning up, changing daipers, burping babies, folding laundry, or whatever else needs to be done. I don't think we've gotten through very many nights where I haven't had to wake him up to help with the babies for at least one of the feedings. Our life has been flipped up-side-down, but we wouldn't want it any other way.

5 comments:

Dayna said...

I can't even imagine how it would be for you to take the two kiddos out! Way to go! I was having a hard time with just one(and still am!). You are amazing! I hope you guys had a fun birthday celebration!

Crystal said...

I used to laugh at my sister struggle with her kids when I went out to eat with them. Now everyone stares at me with one. Good luck with two (I might still be laughing if we go out to eat sometime). I hope you don't mind.

Jocelyn and Ryan said...

Happy Bday Curtis! Glad you guys got to go out.

PS- did you read any good books on twins? I'm trying to find a good one with plenty of info! :)

J Fo said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Curtis! Steak and running shoes...it doesn't get much better!

I think it's funny that you forget to take pictures with how much photography is a hobby of Curtis'! I guess that's what happens when you never have a free hand!

Dixie said...

Trip up north? When is that going to take place? :o)