Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Best Job Ever

I can't think of a job I've ever had that I've done exceptionally well at. Just ask my brother-in-law. He was my supervisor when I worked at a call center in college. Speaking of college, I was just an average student. I've had a bunch of callings too and I'm pretty sure I could have done a LOT better with all of them. I served a mission, but did nothing out of the ordinary. The list could go on and on.

Sometimes I feel bad about all of the above, but lets not dwell on the past because somehow I've tricked myself into thinking that I am an awesome mom. Some might say I set my expectations way too low. For example, most weeks, I don't make it out of the house more than 3 times (that's changing now that it's warmer and the babies are older), but here are a few things I do do. I exercise... probably 4 times a week. I make dinner pretty much every day and it's usually ready when Curtis gets home. I go grocery shopping and usually even look online to find out where the sales are. I am still nursing 2 babies after 5 months!!! They get bathed regularly. We play, we laugh, we go on walks. On any given day, the house is usually cleaned up at some point in time. I change a few diapers each day. I do lots of laundry! I might even start cleaning the bathrooms regularly again.

There is, however, one thing I feel really bad about. I am not documenting this perfect life very well. I could blame it on being so busy with two new babies, but that's not true. They've been sleeping through the night for a while now. I put them down between 7:30 and 8:00 and they'll usually sleep until 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning. I do have some time to do it if I really wanted to. The truth is, I still don't have a wedding book put together or mission pictures for that matter. For some reason, it's just a job I never want to tackle. So for now, I guess this blog is all we have. I will try to make updates more regular.

[Note to grandmas: please don't get your hopes up. I said I will try.]

12 comments:

J Fo said...

I think you are the best little mommy to those little people! I am simply amazed. Really. Super cute family picture, too!

Claire said...

I don't know why, but this post really "spoke" to me. If you're going to be good at something, aren't you glad it's at being a mom? I think your kids are adorable and I love watching them get bigger!

Sheryn's Blog said...

I am sure you are doing super, but here is an idea. After I publish a blog post I print it out and put it in a book. Sometimes I have to cut and paste to put it together just right, but it is something I like to look back on. It's an easy way to scrapbook.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan said...

I think you are at your best with those two little ones! I don't know how you do it, but I am always impressed with you! Cute kiddos, cute picture, MORE PLEASE!

Florida4x4chick said...

Hey you're doing awesome and I'm so glad they let you sleep so much!!!! Good work mommy!!! And I'll give you a little light at the end of the tunnel for keeping track of everything, just keep up the blog the best you can and then one day when it has lots of info just have it printed as a book. Blurb has a program that just uploads your blog and orders it and makes a book and then tada you have a history of your family. :) I hope to see you guys in September!!

Dixie said...

I love that picture! You guys look great.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Crystal said...

I can definitely relate to you. I really like though how you can see your successes also. It's something I need to work on. Thanks for taking care of me in Cedar...you were a good mom for me too.