Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Do I look that big?

Yesterday, I went to get Curtis' Jeep registered and this is a little conversation I had.

DMV lady: Oh, when are you due?
Me: The beginning of February.
DMV: REALLY! I thought you were going to say next month.

I work in a doctor's office and this is an encounter I had with one of our patients.

Patient: When are you going to have your baby?
Me: Beginning of February sometime.
Patient (with bulging eyes): But you're so big!!!

It's at that point that I insist on justifying my huge belly by explaining that I'm having twins:)

4 comments:

sarahflib said...

Why do people say such things?? The truth is, they have no concept of what a woman should look like at x number of months. You look fabulous.

NJ said...

I think you look fabulous. As for your trip - you are understandably home-bound for a while yet. But you never know what the future might bring! We'll be here for another 2.5 years!

AshEnds said...

Just take comfort in the fact that if you were just having one baby you would definitely not look this big. You are justified in being as big in the belly as you are... and Sarah and Nicole are right, you look FABULOUS, I love and will miss your belly bump.

J Fo said...

You DON'T look that big. Sheesh people. You're like 5 foot nothing and carrying 2 babies! Goodness. I think you look GREAT!