Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Thompson Resort

Come visit The Thompson Resort nestled up against the Cedar City mountains. Within walking distance of a variety of outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing (maybe, we've never actually done that one) and much more. Also, just minutes away from a variety of indoor activities such as swimming, an indoor climbing wall, shopping at Wal-Mart, and almost anything else you can imagine. This small town “get away” features incredible company (us), newly refinished furniture, and a king sized mattress on the floor. What more could you ask for?


Okay, so that was really a joke, but I really did want to post some pictures for those of you who haven't seen our cute little house. We moved in in July and pretty much love it. The picture above is the view from our front window. We love being right up agains the mountains (at least until they build a bunch of houses there). Curtis pretty much studies all the time, but if any of you want to come visit me, we have a place for you to stay.
Also, I was so proud of myself. Last weekend, I refinished this dresser that Curtis' family had bought from DI close to 20 years ago. It now matches the two nightstands that we refinished a few weeks ago to match the bed we bought at the RC Willey Outlet. The master bedroom is just about complete. Now we just need to get some pictures for the walls. I'm starting to think it's all real fun. I'll probaby paint a bunk bed that Curtis brough down here from when he was a kid. That will be our guest room for now. Basically...life goes on.

5 comments:

AshEnds said...

I think that you should show pictures of your newly refinished furniture. I liked your blog by the way.

J Fo said...

Ok, so I have the same dresser and a nightstand that MY parents bought from DI 25 years ago! Do you want to come over and help me refinish them? Seriously, I have no idea where to start!

Also, I forgot to ask you at game night...Do you think that curtis would take some family pictures for us in his (non-existent) free time? I've heard great things of his fancy camera and photography skills!

Megan said...

Cute resort! Can we come stay?? ;)

Anyway, I'm just thinking about you two... we love you guys!

sarahflib said...

Your resort description really made me laugh. Dave and I are still trying to figure out a time we can come down!

Kelli Haub said...

Ok ok.... you've sucked me in with your fancy words and breathtaking pictures. I would like to book a vacation to the Thompson Resort. However, something must be done about the tarantula or I'll have to stay off site. :)