Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Date Balls

When I was a little girl, my grandma used to make date balls. I LOVED them. I remember one time I was at her house and she had a kitchen full of date balls. She the proceded to put them in boxes and send to all of her grandkids who were on missions. When I was a missionary I never got one of those boxeds, but I wished many times that I were one of the earlier missionaries in the family when my grandma was healthy and able to cook.

I hadn't had them in ages and decided to make them a few weeks ago. I was so excited to share them with my husband and the conversation we had went something like this. Silly husband.

Me: Want a date ball?
Curtis: No.
Me: Why not?
Curtis: I don't like dates?
Me: I bet you've never even tried a date before?
Curtis: No, I haven't.
Me: Then how do you know you don't like them?
Curtis: I just know.

3 comments:

sarahflib said...

I would be Curtis in that conversation. That's funny, though!

NJ said...

Haha! Silly Curtis, yes, but I agree with Sarah that that's my initial reaction too! BUT!!! Now I'm super curious. Maybe you should just post that recipe so we can try them out ourselves!

J Fo said...

Hilarious! That sounds about right for Mr. Picky...ha! I'll eat your date balls any time!