Sunday, June 14, 2009

DC

Right after the cruise, we took a trip to DC for my brother's wedding. It was a quick trip, but quite fun.
The church they got married in was so beautiful. It was a classic wedding with a rehearsal dinner and everything. I really did feel like I was in the movies.



I got so see some of the DC sights that I don't know if I've ever seen (I think I went to DC when I was 4, but don't remember it). It was a first for Curtis as well. We went to Arlington on Memorial Day and got to see President Obama drive past. That was really a cool experience! I almost wish we would have gone and heard him speak just a couple hours earlier. That's not something Curtis would have allowed me to set and alarm for, so we slept in and walked through the cemetary in peace.








2 comments:

J Fo said...

My family went to DC when I was a tweenager and I LOVED it. It's so green and alive out there!

Sheryn's Blog said...

Love the pictures. I was wondering, while you were on your cruse did you learn how to make the towel elephant. It was cute. Did they do fun decor with the food like make palm trees with carrots and green peppers. Just wondered. I like things like that. Aunt Sheryn