Friday, June 19, 2009

Girls Camp

When I got back from my 6th year of girl's camp, I thought it was my last. WRONG! I just got back from camping for 4 wonderful days with the Young Women in my ward.


I felt like a kid again:)



Until it started raining and we had to put tarps up over our tents to avoid and further puddles on our pillows.



Curtis got to come up as one of our priesthood leaders for one of the nights. I think he quite liked being at girl's camp. Our camp director is quite a prankster. After it got dark, she gave him a scary mask and told him to jump out at me when I was coming down the hill. He did and I fell to the ground. Only problem is he about fell to the ground too. He ended up with a paper towel and ice on his head because he ran into a small tree on the way to me. (I think the eye holes in the mask were pretty small).


And the best part of camp...camp fire. We had some good ones.

3 comments:

J Fo said...

I saw Curtis' battle wound and I was laughing SO hard when he told us the story! Serves him right for trying to scare you! ;) Glad you're back. I think we should institute a Wed. night SYTYCD night at my house for all of the girls to gather. THoughts?

Crystal said...

I am jealous! I want to go back cause I have great memories of girls camp with you. We need to plan to be in the same ward one day and hint to our bishopric how we would rock in YW and then go together again. We could try the digging the pit thing for and cooking a turkey and maybe it will turn out better. :)

NJ said...

Hehehe... that whole scaring episode sounds pretty funny. And PS I'm going to Girls Camp this week!!!! I leave in about 24 hours. I'm way excited and it's going to be about a million times better than being at work. It's crazy to think that's it's already been 9 years since I was there as a girl! Anyways, any tips???