Friday, June 19, 2009

Gardening

Before

After I'm going to try and see how green my thumb is. I've started a garden. Here are some before and after pictures of the plot I picked out in my back yard. There weren't too many tiny spaces to choose from. I went ahead and cleared away as many of the itty bitty rocks as I could and then did my best to mix potting soil with the existing clay. Now, about three weeks later...most everything is growing. I have corn, tomatoes, carrots, onions, zucchini, summer squash, & kohlrabi. I'm still waiting on cucumbers and the cantaloupe already died. Still, if I get one tomato, it will be worth trying again next year.



3 comments:

sarahflib said...

Good for you! It sounds like you're off to a fabulous start. I don't have any ground so I just started a container garden this year. It's small, but I've got two tomato plants, a green/red pepper plant, some mint, some basil, a cucumber plant, and a mystery plant that someone gave me. I've never grown anything on my own before, so it's kind of fun to watch it all shoot up!

Megan said...

Mmmm! I can not wait to partake from all of your hard work! Good job!

J Fo said...

2 thing:

-Good job!
-What the heck is kohlrabi?!