Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our Escape!

Yes, after a very long year of Curtis going through the Master's of Accounting program we were ready to get away. A week after graduation we packed our bags and flew to Galveston where we left on a 7 day cruise to Jamaica and Grand Cayman, (our Cozumel stop got canceled due to the "swine" flu). It was perfect! The ship was fun, and Curtis didn't even get sea sick (the patch worked great....no, not a nicotein patch!). We met some great people that we ate dinner with every night and enjoyed the ports a lot. It was nice and relaxing. Curtis didn't have to worry about cell phones, e-mail at work, or homework for school, and I had a great time having my husband all to myself for 7 days! At one point he turned on the news in our cabin and after about 2 minutes he was getting fired up about the Pelosi/CIA fiasco. I asked him if he would turn it off so I could have my husband back! He did and we went back to not caring about what was going on in the world. It was nice to have a break!!! We just got our pictures back from Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica and Stingray City in Grand Cayman. Yes, the water is that beautiful, just like in the magazines.



















8 comments:

AshEnds said...

I am super glad you put some pictures up. You look like you are having too much fun. Wouldn't it be great if we could always take 7 day vacations.

sarahflib said...

That looks simply FANTASTIC!

Megan said...

SERIOUSLY!!! We need to vacay more often! I think we should try your vacation next year!

Allyssa said...

Hey, this is Allyssa (Brian's wife) he's not much of a blogger but I forwarded the message his way. We went on that same cruise with Royal Carribean last Aug. Looks very dreamy. we also did some of the same excursions. The stingrays in cayman and the waterfall hike in jamaica. Good choices!

NJ said...

YYYEEESSSSSS! I found your blog!! We've entered the blogging world too! And your vacation looks absolutely incredible!! Let's take the next one all together!! Wouldn't that be fabulous!? And I just read about all your races and Curtis' graduation - CONGRATS!!! Einfach prima!!! Hooray, I'm so glad that I'll get to keep up with you this way!

Oh, ours is tylerandnicolejohansen.blogspot.com

Florida4x4chick said...

LOVE IT!!! I went on that cruise too and all those pictures brought back so many memories. I'm glad you guys got to take such an awesome vacation, you two deserve it! Love you, Nat

Crystal said...

What are you kissing? How was it? That's awesome you got to take a vacation WITH your husband. I saw Jeff Chidester in the store yesterday and he said to tell you HELLO!

J Fo said...

That looks AWESOME. Some of those pictures look like post cards.

Are you kissing a sting ray?! Holy Cow!